From another list

    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2004
      Merry Meet,
      Firstly, thank you for this post. I will do all I can to support
      this.
      Secondly, if any of you would like to help support some of the troops
      that are serving in Iraq, my husbands unit has been there since Jan
      of this year. They appreciate any and everything you could send,
      from letters, to movies, to snacks. My husband is an openly
      practicing pagan and is in charge of security in his unit. One of
      the things on the "no send" list in the us post office is religious
      materials that might be in conflict with the nation of Iraq's leading
      religion. Of course, I send him pagan stuff any chance I get!!
      Please contact me at spiritdancerr@... if you would like to
      send anything to his unit.
      Thanks in advance.
      Blessed Be
      Enchanted
    • Indy Wiz
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2009
        Sorry for the cross posting:

        I received this from a friend of min and thought I'd pass it along.

        Dave

        On Wednesday Nov. 11 (Veterans Day), Applebee's will be offering all US

        Veterans and active duty military personnel (including Reserves and National

        Guard) a free entrée, including traditional

        sides, at all domestic Applebee's restaurants. Military personnel can

        select from one of six entrees:

        7 Ounce Sirloin, Three Cheese Chicken Penne, Fiesta Lime Chicken, Fire Pit

        Bacon Burger, Chicken Tenders Platter, and Oriental Chicken Salad.

        For more information feel free to visit www.applebees.com and click on

        "Veterans Day".

        In recognition of your service to our country, all veterans and active duty

        military personnel are invited to eat free at Applebee's Neighborhood Grill &
        Bar Restaurants this Veterans Day, Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2009.

        As you may recall, Applebee's launched a pilot program last year on Veterans

        Day offering free entrees to military service personnel and veterans.

        Because the response was so overwhelmingly positive, Applebee's is extending

        the invitation throughout the country this year.

        Wizard's Emproium
        www.wizardsemporium.biz