8086Oath Keepers and More- Re: Obama annouces Prolonged Detention

  • KAY J
    Dec 24, 2011
      Greetings All,

      I know I haven't posted any messages here in a very long time.

      Hopefully, you are all well and blessed in your lives.

      I am only sharing this link to Oath Keepers with you as informational on what is happening in this country, and in connection with what quite a few people seem to feel this rather unconstitutional trend in government has been generating for not only the Obama administration; but also several U.S. Presidential administrations before that as well.

      I am not formally a member of Oath Keepers. I just keep an eye on them as well as many other interests going on to keep informed myself about activities in our country which can affect all of us.

      http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

      This is the Oath Keepers lead statement:

      "Welcome to Oath Keepers
      Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution."

      Our motto is "Not on our watch!"

      You can read a complete statement of orders they will refuse to obey here:
      http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2009/03/03/declaration-of-orders-we-will-not-obey/

      Apparently, the Oath Keepers are doing this as a peaceful movement to urge a return to upholding the U.S. Constitution thus far.

      Just wanted you to know about them, if you don't already; because this organization seems to be growing rather rapidly, and I truly hope they do not become violent.

      I pray every day that we can all somehow find a 'peaceful' resolution to all the problems we are facing in this country at this juncture in history. We are standing on some rather shakey ground right now, that unfortunately could easily deteriorate into a precipice leading to a steep fall into all sorts of actions which could cause so much further harm to our whole country.

      Sometimes I feel like I'm no longer living in the country into which I was born in 1952. Or perhaps that I am just finally waking up to what has been building even longer than many of us suspected.

      May our country find its way, because we sound far too often as though we are lost and confused about who we are and what we stand for among ourselves, and in this strange and increasingly globalized world. There is so much anger and frustration, without a clear sense of direction.

      In this process of globalization we are losing our identity as a single and sovereign nation. And it is this identity we need to re-establish if we wish to be something more than just another symptom of the material global economy. If we wish to evolve into another type of entity in this global world economy and governments changing all over the world to accommodate this global economy; then we also have the right to do that through legal, peaceful means. We even have the right to demand changes in the Constitution if that is what we truly believe would serve the people of the U.S. best.

      But, let us first make sure we are very well informed about what is going on in this country and around the world. And being well informed is not an easy task these days because of how contradictory many sources of information can be. So we must work hard at this, and use as much discernment as possible in determining what is true and needed.

      And then let us truly consider what kind of country we want this to be, not only for ourselves, but our children, grandchildren, and on down into the future.

      We can't turn back the clock. We must move forward. So reactionarism won't work, no matter how much some may wish it to do so. And each adult American citizen needs to educate themselves, ponder what they learn, and then decide what as a nation we want to be among ourselves and in this world. No government can take that right to self-determination away from us, unless we simply fail to take personal responsibility in this very fragile and volatile time. A people who choose to not see or act, then falls prey to the intentions of others who choose to govern for them, and who may not have good intentions at all. People who think and behave like sheep usually end up governed by dictatorships. But that doesn't mean we need to get violent either.

      The U.S. government was never intended to be a function separate from the people. In the U.S. we are a country and a government of, for, and by the people. We have a respresentative government which is fully answerable to the people, and must be held accountable by the people.

      And I hope with everything inside of me, that we not resort to the mistakes of incendiary thinking, speech, or action. Once a fire is lit, it becomes very unpredictable in nature, and can quickly get out of control causing a lot of destruction far beyond what was intended. So I pray that cooler heads win the day and the future of America, for the sake of our children, grandchildren, and posterity thereafter. If we must have a revolution, please let it at least be one of peaceful means, without violence. Let it be a revolution where each citizen takes personal responsibility to make their own lives, their communities, and this nation the best we can be. Yes, the visions of what is best will differ; but that is still something we can all work with and learn from each other about, in peace and mutual respect.

      Haven't we all had enough of war and destruction yet? Haven't we had enough of those who profiteer from war, while our country crumbles around us?

      Lashing out in anger, frustrations, and in violence is easy, and also very childish way to live. And I'm sure we've all had our childish moments in one way or another, even as adults, lol. But when an entire nation chooses to live that way instead of insisting on finding genuinely responsible and peaceful resolutions to various problems we are facing; then that childishness has that power to destroy that nation, and also wreak havoc in any other nations it chooses to manipulate and/or attack.

      Let us inform ourselves, and then please take steps to work in peace together to restore America in all the ways our nation has unfortunately deteriorated for quite a while now. Our children can't even count on a good education anymore. We can't even count on having nearly enough jobs in this country. Our infrastructure is crumbling for lack of updating and needed repairs. We don't have enough affordable housing. Our health services are failing, with many hospitals and clinics closing for lack of funding and solvency, and many millions of Americans without any way to even afford health insurance. The cost of living is far outpacing the incomes of the vast majority of Americans. And every month more individuals and families are ending up jobless and homeless.

      The small useless bandaids that keep getting put on these issues by local, state, and the federal governments are not solving the actual issues at all. They are simply delaying responsibility and doing anything real or lasting about any of these issues. It's an abdication of responsible living and responsible governance all the way from personal, to local, to state, and to national levels. And this abdication of personal responsibility will kill our nation and all it could be faster than anything.

      Rattling the chains of war within our own country will solve NOTHING, and destroy far too much, including so many lives! Instead we must insist on rebuilding and restoring our country, and making that our first priority, instead of splattering ourselves all over the planet.

      Instead of worrying so much about what we will and will not 'obey', how about if each citizen takes responsibility to 'lead' in whatever ways we each can do in our own lives, in our communities, states, and nation.

      Personal responsibility is one of the most powerful things anyone can own and use in life.

      I pray we learn to use it in far wiser ways.

      May America learn how to be blessed and be a blessing in ways far better than what is happening now.

      May this coming year, and years to follow be a good and solid turning point in history, rather than a deterioration into further failures and corruption within our country, and in how we relate to the world.

      What kind of communities, states, and country do you want for yourselves and your children? And what kind of renewed foundation for our country do you want our posterity to inherit from us?

      Until we each can truly answer those questions, the way to genuine restoration of any kind will not be found. And blaming others will not solve anything either.

      I just felt compelled to speak up at least this once. As always, I do not expect anyone to agree. I'm just exercising my Constitutional right for freedom of speech. Just me speaking up about something that genuinely weighs heavily on my own mind and heart.

      From a grandmother who has lived long enough to see a sad and very disturbing trend in this country into which I was born, and which I love with all my heart. May we each and all find our way to a new and better day.

      So A Blessed Winter Solstice and New Year to you all!

      Opportunities await us, if we but hear the call, see the steps in front of us, and take responsibility to act and lead with genuine wisdom in peaceful ways.

      Be Well, Be Safe, Be Wise, Live in Peace, and Be Blessed,

      ~ Kay
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic