8022Warrior Blessing @ Fertile Ground 5/7/11

  • David Ewing
    Apr 10 9:24 AM
      For the second year, David and Jeanet Ewing will be leading a Warrior Blessing at this year's Fertile Ground Gathering on Saturday, May 7th near Triangle, VA.

      In addition to hosting this ritual to honor those who are and have served our country in the military and emergency services, the Fertile Ground Gathering planners have a special offer for those who wish to attend/participate in the Warrior Blessing as noted below.  Typical accepted forms of identification as a non-retired Veteran include a showing a copy of your DD-214, a membership card for a Veterans Organization (i.e., American Legion, VFW, etc).

      For more info including registration and directions, please go to:  http://www.fertilegroundgathering.com/#index

      Below is the description for our blessing of those who have sacrificed and are continuing to sacrifice.

      In addition to leading the blessing, we will be collecting donations for Circle Sanctuary's Operation Circle Care.  We're the coordinators of this program to gather donated items and send care packages to our troops serving overseas.  This past Yule, around 60 care packages were sent to Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines serving all around the world including Iraq, Afghanistan, Germany, Bahrain, and on deployment in the Indian Ocean and Western Pacific.  Please bring any items you would like to donate.  More info can be found on Circle's web site ------> http://www.circlesanctuary.org/ministries/military/

      With the timing of Fertile Ground being only a couple of weeks before Memorial Day, the Warrior Blessing Ritual will acknowledge US Military warriors serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and around the world. We will ask for their safe and speedy return after accomplishing their missions. We will also acknowledge those serving in Homeland Defense (Police, Fire, EMT's, etc) and ask for their safety. Finally, we will honor those who have died while walking the warrior path. Another purpose of the Warrior Blessing Ritual is to provide comfort and a venue for family and friends of those warriors to express concerns and pride. Please join Circle Sanctuary Military Ministry members David & Jeanet Ewing among others as we honor those who have and are currently putting themselves in harms way to protect and serve.

      As a special thank-you for those Pagans who have served or are serving our country, the staff at Fertile Ground Gathering would like to invite all current and former members of the Armed Forces, as well as those who serve homeland defense (Police, Fire, and EMS) to attend our Warrior Blessing Ritual on Saturday, without having to register or pay to attend the Gathering. Simply come to the registration table between 11:30 and 12:00 on Saturday, and tell us that you are here to attend the Warrior Blessing Ritual.

      See you there!

      Blessings,
      David & Jeanet Ewing
      Stewards, Circle Order of the Pentacle
      Co-Coordinators, Circle Operation Circle Care