7884Re: Curious, anyone interested in going back to the original purpose of this sit

    May 7, 2009
      --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "David" <celt3067@...> wrote:

      > Charles,
      >
      > Could you provide a copy or link to the rules now in effect? I've checked the VA's web site and don't see any instructions on how to request a new emblem. They have bold notes regarding the eligibility of a marker, headstone or one of the new medallions but nothing obvious about asking for an emblem to be requested that's not on the list.
      >
      > As I understand, the new rules which were posted for public review in 2007 have not yet been approved & adopted with the changes resulting in the public review.
      >
      > Please share if you have info regarding any new rules on requesting a new emblem.

      " How to Complete VA Form 40-1330, Application for Standard Government Headstone or Marker

      Important Notice - New Law Concerning Eligibility for Headstones and Markers

      "Block 12 indicates the emblem of belief desired. If not desired, please check "None". The approved emblems of belief are listed on the back of the form with a picture of those most frequently requested; pictures of all others may be viewed on our website at www.cem.va.gov."

      Block 13, 14, 15, and 16 identify the person who is assisting the next of kin with preparing the claim. This information must be provided. In case there is any illegible, missing or conflicting information on the claim, we will need to contact you to obtain complete and correct information. The headstone or marker request will be delayed or suspended if we cannot reach you by telephone, fax, or e-mail.

      Block 17 is for the signature of the person listed in block 13a, certifying the information about the deceased veteran is correct. This signature also certifies that the next of kin, or the claimant, is aware that the Government is not authorized to pay the cost of installing the marker in private cemeteries.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic