7495Re: Off topic/Web attack on Wiccan Demo County Committee Chair

    Jul 4, 2007
      --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher
      Blackwell" <myrddin@...> wrote:

      > Web Attack on Chair of the Kennebec County Democratic Committee,
      > up in the State of Maine, who is a Wiccan.
      > Note contact information and addresses.
      >
      > Web Attack on Chair of the Kennebec County Democratic Committee,
      > up in the State of Maine, who is a Wiccan.
      > Note contact information and addresses.
      >
      > Blessed Be,
      >
      > Christopher

      http://www.cclmaine.org/artman/publish/Maine_3/ME_Dem_Moran_Pagan.shtml

      You all just knew that I was going to take the bait and respond, didn't
      you? Well, here is the response:

      I noted your apparent criticism of Rita Moran, chariwoman of the
      Democratic Committee due to her religion. I find such criticism odd in
      the face of the fact that no one seems to mind the thousands of Pagans
      serving in the Armed Forces or the hundreds who are currently serving
      in Afghanistan and Iraq. In fact, I don't seem to recall any criticism
      of my time in the United States Army or while I served an extended tour
      of duty in Vietnam.

      In fact, no one at my Veterans of Foreign Wars post, where I am a life
      member, or my American legion post seem to have a problem either.

      Thus I am left with the feeling that you find it perfectly acceptable
      to let us Pagans wear the uniform, and fight and even die for you but
      you have a problem when we get involved in the electoral process. At
      least you folks in Maine have such that problem. Back a number of years
      ago when I ran for the Vermont House no one in my district had a
      problem either. Maybe it was because I came in third when only the two
      top vote getters went to Montpelier. But 11% of the voters of my
      district, after a huge campaign where I spent all of $8 (yes, eight
      dollars) and campaigned for 15 (fifteen) minutes, thought I was the
      best candidate event hough I was, and still am, one of the most famous
      witches in the world.

      Oh well, I guess what Vermonters said about Mainers was at least
      partially true.

      Charles Arnold
      National Coordinator
      Pagan Veterans Headstone Campaign