7463Lets Shop at Sears

  • Paula/MamaCat
    Jun 2, 2007
      I did go and check it out, because I have gotten things in the past that say they are checked out and they aren't. This one is true, for a change. Three cheers for Sears!
      Mama Cat

      Subject: Shop at Sears
      Sears is STILL - An "All American" Company with a USA Heart!

      Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

      How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

      Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

      I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

      I Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

      Pass it on.

      I Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

      I Received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

      This is their answer to my e-mail:

      Dear Customer:

      Thank you for contacting Sears. The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

      Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

      Bill Thorn
      Sears Customer Care

      webcenter@...
      1-800-349-4358

      Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

      It's Verified By
      Snopes.com at: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp (shows the entire article)

      http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

      "You laugh because I'm different.
      I cry because you are all the same."

      For northwest Illinois and southwest Wisconsin Pagans: