6496Re: Fwd: RE: RELEASE Public Dedication of Sgt. Stewart's Plaque with Pentacle

  • ethlynnewillow
    Dec 2, 2006
      Roberta .. its been through watching your amazing strength and grace
      through all of this that we remain inspired to do whatever we can.
      I hope all goes well today in light of what happened there
      yesterday, and that all taking part in the Commemoration remain safe.

      In Love and Light
      Lynne

      --- In Pagan-Headstone-Campaign@yahoogroups.com, ROBERTA Stewart
      <broom_flyer@...> wrote:

      > Again I want to thank you all for your support the last year I
      could not have laid Patrick to rest without the support of you all.
      Thank you again and have a wonderful Holiday season,

      > Many Blessings
      >
      > Roberta Stewart
      >
      > Note: forwarded message attached.
      >
      > I have just sent this PRESS RELEASE in to the Reno Gazette Journal.
      >
      > Brightest Blessings,
      >
      > Lady Bronwyn
      > Crystal Rose Coven
      > Lineage Link: http://janus.spawnfar.net/dbgline.html
      > See my website for Pleasure Enhancing Products
      > And Discreet In-Home Parties
      > For Women ONLY -- OR Coed
      > http://www.edibleecstasy.com/eza/carolep

      Pentacle

      > > feel free to pass on to those who might be interested in
      attending.

      > > BREAKING NEWS
      > > FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      > >
      > > Historic Dedication Ceremony
      > > First Wiccan Pentacle in Veterans Cemetery
      > >
      > > Saturday, December 2, 2006
      > > 2 - 3 pm
      > > Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery
      > > Fernley, Nevada
      > >
      > > Meet us at the "Wall of Heroes" and be present for the
      dedication of the
      > > first government-issued veteran memorial plaque in the history
      of the
      > > United States to include the Wiccan emblem of belief, the
      Pentacle.

      > > This plaque with Pentacle is a one time gift from the State of
      Nevada and
      > > Nevada Governor Kenny Guinn, in honor of fallen Wiccan War Hero,
      Sgt.
      > > Patrick Stewart.
      > >
      > > Join us as we publicly dedicate Sgt. Patrick Stewart™s plaque.
      > >
      > > The Dedication will be a multicultural and interfaith service,
      with
      > > thanksgivings and blessings in Wiccan, Christian, Jewish, and
      Native
      > > American traditions.
      > >
      > > Wiccan leaders, veterans, and others will be coming from across
      the United
      > > States to attend this historic event and to honor the life,
      service, and
      > > sacrifice of Sgt. Patrick Stewart, who was killed in action in
      > Afghanistan,
      > > in September 2005.
      > >
      > > Speakers at the Dedication will give thanks for this important
      milestone
      > > and also call for the US Department of Veterans Affairs to
      authorize the
      > > use of the Pentacle on the veteran grave markers it issues so
      that
      > deceased
      > > veterans can be properly honored throughout the United States.
      > >
      > > The Dedication will also include the public release of a
      statement by the
      > > mother of a Wiccan soldier killed in action in Iraq on May, 2006
      and a
      > > statement by the widow of a deceased Korean War Veteran who was
      Wiccan.
      > > Both women and their families are among those continuing to wait
      for the
      > VA
      > > to authorize the use of the Pentacle.
      > >
      > > The Dedication also will include the reading of a statement by
      Rev. Barry
      > > Lynn, Executive Director of Americans United for Separation of
      Church and
      > > State.
      > >
      > > Speakers include:
      > > * Roberta Stewart, widow of Sgt. Patrick Stewart
      > > * Rev. Selena Fox, Senior Minister of Circle Sanctuary
      > > * Rev. William Chrystal, Pastor of the First Congregational
      Church of Reno
      > > * Mato Witko, Comanche-Irish, Pipecarrier, Sundancer, Intertribal
      > > Sweatlodge Leader
      > > * Rev. Patrick McCollum, American Academy of Religion Chaplaincy
      Liaison
      > > * Jill Medicine Heart Combs, National Board Member, Covenant of
      Unitarian
      > > Universalist Pagans Continental and Pagan Pride Project
      International
      > > * Paula Johnson, Lady Liberty League Media Relations Coordinator
      and
      > > National Interfaith Representative for Covenant of the Goddess
      > > and others.
      > >
      > > Speakers will be available for interviews following the
      Dedication.

      > > For further information contact:
      > > Rev. Selena Fox, Senior Minister, Circle Sanctuary
      > > (608) 604-9313 (cell); (608) 924-2216 (messages)
      > >
      > > Paula Johnson, Media Relations Coordinator, Lady Liberty League
      > > 954-471-1435

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic