PoliticalMANTHAN In BJP – Jaitley-Ambani vs Singh-Goyal-GadkariFebruary21, 2015 (C) Ravinder Singh ravinderinvent@... Replay all the PolicyStatementsprogressindia008
Turkey to go ahead with non-NATO-integrated missile defense ANKARA – REUTERS Turkey’s new defense missile system, for which Ankara is in talks on a $3.4sitrep_comalp
Greece: riot police "uncertain" after Saturday's protest Government's initiative to disarm agents causes confusion 02 February, 19:30 (ANSAmed) - ATHENS,sitrep_comalp
The main objectives of the project:
• Highlight individual cases of torture as and when they occur.
• Improve institutional response to instances of torture by
Demanding state accountability.
• Advance an ethic of responsibility and restraint among
law enforcement officers.
• Educate and enlist professional groups such as lawyers,
social activists, doctors, psychiatrists, journalists
and teachers in the campaign to prevent and eliminate torture.
• Raise public awareness of torture as an unlawful and
Widespread abuse of police powers.
• Promote favourable policy outcomes in the form of
anti-torture legislation and fulfilling of commitments
to existing international treaties.
The Project In Andhra Pradesh is concentrating in five districts. Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Medak, Nalgonda and Mahabubnagar. Six Torture cases would be documented in each district every month, which would Account to 30 cases per month. These fact-findings will subsequently provide the basis for targeted legal interventions at the district level, state level and national level.
There is no specific domestic law for TORTURE. India had signed the convention of Torture in 1997 and is yet to be ratified. This project would pave way to ratify the convention and its optional protocol and establish domestic law on torture in INDIA.
M. S. Giri
- Human Rights
- Dec 21, 2006
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages require approval.
- Anyone can post messages.