Brutal & indiscriminate toture by BSF
- Dear friendI want to draw your attention in a case where number of villagers were tortured. Medical reports also proved the incident. Police registered one information only, no action was taken by police nor BSF till now.Numbers of villagers of Amudia Majher Para, Balti, Swarup Nagar Police Station, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal were assaulted by the team of BSF in the said village on 15.12.2007 at the wee hours of the morning. The BSF alleged that the villagers were involved in removing fence across the border with smugglers. Due to the brute physical force applied by the personnel of BSF many villagers were injured. Our fact finding report will speak the matter in detail.
· Initiate appropriate legal proceeding against the involved BSF personnel
· Stop torture on the villagers by BSF personnel.
· The victim villagers must be adequately compensated for their sufferance in to hands of BSF
Name of the Victims:
(1) Mosaraf Molla, Age-60yrs, Daily Labour, Son of Achiruddin Molla, (2) Rustam Molla Age-32, Daily
Labour, Son of Fazer Molla, (3) Esarul Molla, Age-40, Daily Labour, Son of Golam Molla, (4) Amzad Gazi
Age-45, Daily Labour, Son of Jaha Baks, (5) Rafikul Molla Age-31, Daily Labour, Son of Duke Molla, (6)
Saidul Molla Age-18, Daily Labour, Son of Kalam Molla, (7) Faruk Molla Age-20, Daily Labour, Son of
Fajul Molla, (8) Roshan Hara (Age-23, House Wife, Wife of Rafikul Molla, (9) Majida Bibi Age-35, Daily
Labour, Wife of Esarul Molla, (10) Sarina Bibi Age-27, Daily Labour, wife of Rustam.
Address of the Victims:Amudia MajherPara, Balti, Swarup Nagar Police Station, North 24 Parganas, West
Name of the Perpetrators:126 no BN B.S.F of G Company, Amudia, Post Office: Balti, Police Station:
Swarupnagar, District: 24 parganas, West Bengal.
Address of the Perpetrators:Amudia Majher Para, Balti, Swarup Nagar Police Station, North 24 Parganas,
West Bengal, India
Place of Incident:Amudia
Date & Time of Incident:15/12/07 at about 5:30 a.m.
Details of Incident:Mosaraf Molla is one of bordering people and had been victim of torture at the hands of
Border Security Force. On 15/12/07 in the early morning at about 5:30 a.m. abruptly 15 to 16 persons of B.S.F
entered in to the village, Amudia Majher Para and accused that the villagers had destroyed the fencing in order
to smuggle cattle across the border. The team of BSF attacked the villagers indiscriminately in the wee hours
while villagers were unguarded and defenseless. BSF used sticks as main weapon to beat the villagers. BSF
personnel physically assaulted the villagers whom they found at hand. They did not consider the age, sex,
minority or anything. The villagers started fleeing from that place. The victim-villagers failed to realise their
Villagers had experience that on many occasions, B.S.F personnel let off the cattle smugglers and commit
torture upon innocent poor villagers. Many of the villagers were injured due to the B.S.F attack on that day and
the matter was reported to local police station and it was recorded as General Diary Entry no 750/07 dated
15/12/07. Though about 25/30 injured villagers went Swarup Nagar Police Station and lodged their respective
complaints, but the police registered only one, clubbing all. The injured villagers were sent to Sarapul Rural
Hospital by Assistant Sub Inspector Biswajit Sarkar of Swarup Nagar Police Station.
According to the statements of Subhashish Bhowmik, the Officer-in-Charge of Swarup Nagar Police Station
that he already consulted with Assistant Commander (A.C.) of BSF, Mr. Ram Kumar Tomor on that issue and
also visited the place of incident which took place on 16/1/08 and found that fencing wire of that border area
was genuinely destroyed but the miscreants could not be identified. The villagers live within the distance of 200
yard from border.
But the A.C. of B.S.F., Mr. Ram Kumar Tomor stated that the villagers give support to the smugglers.
The villagers' stand was that B.S.F. jointly operates with smugglers across the border and during transporting
cattle, the wires are cut up to pass the cattle used for smuggling easily and sometime B.S.F personnel also do
the same thing in connivance with the cattle smugglers. This time B.S.F personnel played out the some thing
else. But the B.S.F personnel denied helping those smugglers. The Fact Finding team of MASUM visited the
place of occurrence, met the victims, collected their pictures, injury reports, talked with the BSF officers and the
police officers and also local village Panchayet leaders.
Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha
26 Guitendal Lane
West Bengal INDIA
Fax : +91-33-2640 4118
Phone: +91-33-2640 4520
e. mail : kirityroy@...