50449CHRI's submission to the Parliamentary Committee on the RTI Amendment Bill, 2013

  • Venkatesh Nayak
    Nov 4, 2013
    Dear all,
    I have attached CHRI's submission to the Department-related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice on the Right to Information (Amendment) Bill, 2013. We are circulating this in advance to inform members of our networks about what we intend to state on the subject. As the Standing Committee requires all persons who send submissions to them to keep them confidential, on pain of breach of privilege of Parliament, we are circulating our views in advance before sending them to the Parliamentary Committee. We will not be able to circulate this note after submitting it to the Parliamentary Committee.

    DEFEND THE PEOPLE’S RIGHT TO KNOW!

    SEND YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO THE PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE!

    In order to access our previous email alerts on RTI and related issues please click on: http://www.humanrightsinitiative.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=84 You will find the links at the top of this web page. If you do not wish to receive these email alerts please send an email to this address indicating your refusal.

    Thanking you,
    Yours sincerely,
    Venkatesh Nayak
    Access to Information Programme