Re: [PRO-96] Re: Firmware upgrade

  • mch
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
      Actually, the original DSP-app was 1.1 and the update that adds CQPSK
      support is 1.2.

      Joe M.

      Dave wrote:

      > > If this is the upgrade why send your scanner out to do it when you
      > can
      > > do it yourself?
      >
      > Depends on what you are trying to update... If your after the CPU to
      > goto 1.3, then it must be sent in... If you have CPU 1.1 and DSP 1.0,
      > then yes, you can take that to 1.1 via software update...
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Keith Johnson
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 14, 2006
        Hi..I am upgrading my firmware to the latest version but don't know
        if I am reading this right. Here is what it says at the Wiki-96 site..

        * Latest CPU firmware version is 1.4 (hardware upgrade from 1.3
        only) - To check firmware numbers: Turn on the scanner and hold down
        the 3 button, the latest display should read:

        CPU: F1.4 DSP-APP: F1.2 DSP-VOC: F1.0 (DSP-APP: U1.3 with field
        upgrade from following section)

        I downloaded and installed it. My old reading was

        CPU F1.3
        DSP-APP F1.2
        DSP-VOC F1.0

        after the upgrade it reads

        CPU F1.3
        DSP-APP F1.3
        DSP-VOC F1.0

        Patch was from
        DSP upgrade patch version U1.3: http://makeashorterlink.com/?N10052A9D

        What do I have to do to get it to the latest F1.4 if I want to
        upgrade hardware? Where can I get this? Thanks for any
        info..Cheers..Keithmj
      • Dave

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 14, 2006
            If you want 1.4 you will have to have the board physically changed in
            the scanner to the one that supports 1.4, but it's functionally
            identical to the 1.3 version, so you won't see any difference.

            Also, you cannot upgrade the CPU version - only the DSP (which you have
            obviously done). DSP 1.3 is the latest (although not the best in some
            cases).

            Joe M.

            Keith Johnson wrote:

            > Hi..I am upgrading my firmware to the latest version but don't know
            > if I am reading this right. Here is what it says at the Wiki-96 site..
            >
            > * Latest CPU firmware version is 1.4 (hardware upgrade from 1.3
            > only) - To check firmware numbers: Turn on the scanner and hold down
            > the 3 button, the latest display should read:
            >
            > CPU: F1.4 DSP-APP: F1.2 DSP-VOC: F1.0 (DSP-APP: U1.3 with field
            > upgrade from following section)
            >
            > I downloaded and installed it. My old reading was
            >
            > CPU F1.3
            > DSP-APP F1.2
            > DSP-VOC F1.0
            >
            > after the upgrade it reads
            >
            > CPU F1.3
            > DSP-APP F1.3
            > DSP-VOC F1.0
            >
            > Patch was from
            > DSP upgrade patch version U1.3: http://makeashorterlink.com/?N10052A9D
            >
            > What do I have to do to get it to the latest F1.4 if I want to
            > upgrade hardware? Where can I get this? Thanks for any
            > info..Cheers..Keithmj
            >
            > For the Best Information on Scanning/Equipment/Frequencies/Trunking info,
            > Then Please visit (Free Registration) RadioReference.Com
            > http://www.radioreference.com/
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • roneudaly
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 14, 2006
              My radio displays the following

              > > CPU F1.2
              > > DSP-APP F1.3
              > > DSP-VOC F1.0

              Is this correct and if it is not how would I get my CPU upgraded to
              the proper CPU version f1.3 as stated in Keith's email below?

              Thanks
              Ron E.

              --- In PRO-96@yahoogroups.com, mch <mch@...> wrote:

              > If you want 1.4 you will have to have the board physically changed
              in
              > the scanner to the one that supports 1.4, but it's functionally
              > identical to the 1.3 version, so you won't see any difference.
              >
              > Also, you cannot upgrade the CPU version - only the DSP (which you
              have
              > obviously done). DSP 1.3 is the latest (although not the best in
              some
              > cases).
              >
              > Joe M.
              >
              > Keith Johnson wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi..I am upgrading my firmware to the latest version but don't
              know
              > > if I am reading this right. Here is what it says at the Wiki-96
              site..

              > > * Latest CPU firmware version is 1.4 (hardware upgrade from
              1.3
              > > only) - To check firmware numbers: Turn on the scanner and hold
              down
              > > the 3 button, the latest display should read:
              > >
              > > CPU: F1.4 DSP-APP: F1.2 DSP-VOC: F1.0 (DSP-APP: U1.3 with field
              > > upgrade from following section)
              > >
              > > I downloaded and installed it. My old reading was
              > >
              > > CPU F1.3
              > > DSP-APP F1.2
              > > DSP-VOC F1.0
              > >
              > > after the upgrade it reads
              > >
              > > CPU F1.3
              > > DSP-APP F1.3
              > > DSP-VOC F1.0
              > >
              > > Patch was from
              > > DSP upgrade patch version U1.3: http://makeashorterlink.com/?
              N10052A9D

              > > What do I have to do to get it to the latest F1.4 if I want to
              > > upgrade hardware? Where can I get this? Thanks for any
              > > info..Cheers..Keithmj
              > >
              > > For the Best Information on
              Scanning/Equipment/Frequencies/Trunking info,
              > > Then Please visit (Free Registration) RadioReference.Com
              > > http://www.radioreference.com/
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Rick Bates
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 14, 2006
                That would require a trip to the repair facility as it is a hardware
                replacement. Depending on the time of purchase, it could be covered under
                warranty. I do not know the current cost for upgrade but their base price
                seems to be around $50 (plus parts).

                Rick WA6NHC

                _____

                --- In PRO-96@yahoogroups. <mailto:PRO-96%40yahoogroups.com> com, mch

                <http://makeashorterlink.com/?> link.com/?
                N10052A9D

                > > What do I have to do to get it to the latest F1.4 if I want to
                > > upgrade hardware? Where can I get this? Thanks for any
                > > info..Cheers..Keithmj
                > >
                > > For the Best Information on
                Scanning/Equipment/Frequencies/Trunking info,
                > > Then Please visit (Free Registration) RadioReference.Com
                > > http://www.radioref <http://www.radioreference.com/> erence.com/
                > >

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • mch
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 14, 2006
                  You would have to send it to Fort Worth to get the CPU upgraded (which
                  requires changing the entire board). The only difference between the two
                  versions is an obscure group of 10 TGs that are used on about a dozen
                  analog Motorola TRSs in the USA. Of those, only one or two are PS TGs.
                  So odds are you would never see the benefits from upgrading.

                  Joe M.

                  roneudaly wrote:

                  > My radio displays the following
                  >
                  > > > CPU F1.2
                  > > > DSP-APP F1.3
                  > > > DSP-VOC F1.0
                  >
                  > Is this correct and if it is not how would I get my CPU upgraded to
                  > the proper CPU version f1.3 as stated in Keith's email below?
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  > Ron E.
                  >
                  > --- In PRO-96@yahoogroups.com, mch <mch@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > If you want 1.4 you will have to have the board physically changed
                  > in
                  > > the scanner to the one that supports 1.4, but it's functionally
                  > > identical to the 1.3 version, so you won't see any difference.
                  > >
                  > > Also, you cannot upgrade the CPU version - only the DSP (which you
                  > have
                  > > obviously done). DSP 1.3 is the latest (although not the best in
                  > some
                  > > cases).
                  > >
                  > > Joe M.
                  > >
                  > > Keith Johnson wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi..I am upgrading my firmware to the latest version but don't
                  > know
                  > > > if I am reading this right. Here is what it says at the Wiki-96
                  > site..
                  > > >
                  > > > * Latest CPU firmware version is 1.4 (hardware upgrade from
                  > 1.3
                  > > > only) - To check firmware numbers: Turn on the scanner and hold
                  > down
                  > > > the 3 button, the latest display should read:
                  > > >
                  > > > CPU: F1.4 DSP-APP: F1.2 DSP-VOC: F1.0 (DSP-APP: U1.3 with field
                  > > > upgrade from following section)
                  > > >
                  > > > I downloaded and installed it. My old reading was
                  > > >
                  > > > CPU F1.3
                  > > > DSP-APP F1.2
                  > > > DSP-VOC F1.0
                  > > >
                  > > > after the upgrade it reads
                  > > >
                  > > > CPU F1.3
                  > > > DSP-APP F1.3
                  > > > DSP-VOC F1.0
                  > > >
                  > > > Patch was from
                  > > > DSP upgrade patch version U1.3: http://makeashorterlink.com/?
                  > N10052A9D
                  > > >
                  > > > What do I have to do to get it to the latest F1.4 if I want to
                  > > > upgrade hardware? Where can I get this? Thanks for any
                  > > > info..Cheers..Keithmj
                  > > >
                  > > > For the Best Information on
                  > Scanning/Equipment/Frequencies/Trunking info,
                  > > > Then Please visit (Free Registration) RadioReference.Com
                  > > > http://www.radioreference.com/
                  > > >

                  > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  > > >

                  > For the Best Information on Scanning/Equipment/Frequencies/Trunking info,
                  > Then Please visit (Free Registration) RadioReference.Com
                  > http://www.radioreference.com/
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 14, 2006
                    > warranty. I do not know the current cost for upgrade but their base
                    price
                    > seems to be around $50 (plus parts).

                    They have cut down on the parts listings... It had been listed as CPU
                    at one point and may very well be still available via repair centers,
                    but 12410767 PCB ASSY LOGIC $249.99 Not In Stock, is listed currently...