Getting Back Record Counts

  • rwijayaratne
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27 10:00 AM
      Hi

      I am new to PPWizard and am finiding that it is a very good
      preprocessor. I have been playing around with CSV file and ODBC. I've
      managed to get SQL statments to work against the CSV file and produce
      HTML tables without any probs.

      What I would like to know is how I would get a record count from a
      CSV file that has 5 records for example.

      Rasika
    • Dennis Bareis
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28 1:46 AM
        On 27 Apr 2002 at 17:00, rwijayaratne wrote:

        > What I would like to know is how I would get a record count from a CSV
        > file that has 5 records for example.

        Hi,

        I created the following sample for you:

        #RexxVar RecordCount = 0 ;;Init count
        #DefineRexx 'IMPORT_RECORD_FILTER'
        ; --- Have another record so add to count ---
        RecordCount = RecordCount + 1
        #DefineRexx
        #import 1.csv CMA '' "Name"

        <P>There were <??RecordCount> records.

        Bye
        Dennis

        ----------------------------
        Dennis Bareis (dbareis@...)
        Melbourne, AUSTRALIA.

        http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~dbareis/index.htm

        - Contains heaps of my own FREE software (OS/2, Windows, DOS &
        Linux):
        * PPWIZARD, HTML preprocessor (or rexx/Javascript etc) - #define,
        #include, #import, #if)
        Rated 4 stars at ZDNet.
        Powerful macros, programmable, import SQL, auto tag examples,
        Text to HTML, template/style sheet design.
        You WILL NOT find an easier to use or more powerful preprocessor
        than PPWIZARD.
        Tested on OS/2, Windows, DOS & Linux (probably any Unix OK - if
        not help me make it so).
        * Heaps more...
        - Quite secure easy to use password protection of HTML/Javascript
        pages (pages encrypted/scrambled)
        - Some source code and programmers links. Regina Information
        (including porting from OS/2)
        * Pure REXX code for CRC16 & CRC32 routines.
        - Heaps of COMMENTED OS/2, HTML, Java and other links