Jet Polymer Platemaker problems

  • Eileen Madden
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18 2:33 PM
      Hello List -

      We purchased a Jet 520A Platemaker less than a year ago from Boxcar.
      A few weeks ago, we began to have a problem with it. The exposure
      lights don't go off at the end of the cycle. It's not all of them,
      and it's not always the same one. If you shut off the platemaker, and
      turn it back on, the lights come back on. In order to get the lights
      completely off, we need to use the emergency button, which just
      doesn't seem like a good idea.

      Boxcar had someone from Jet call us. He called back, and quickly sent
      us a new circuit board, which we reinstalled, but the problem hasn't
      changed. I called the Jet rep, and left him a message to that effect
      - haven't heard back in the last two days. He did say that the usual
      complaint was that the lights wouldn't turn on. The fact that the
      emergency button can shut down the lights makes me (in my infinite
      wisdom) think it's some kind of short in the lighting wiring. I'm
      hesitant to call someone who wouldn't be familiar with the machine to
      work on it, but really need it to work properly.

      Any suggestions? Similar experiences?

      Thanks.

      Eileen
    • Harold Kyle
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18 5:20 PM
        This machine is still under the manufacturer's warranty and I would be happy
        to help you resolve your issues with it. I was unaware that you were
        continuing to have problems, and am very sorry that you do not have a
        working platemaker yet. I may not be able to offer solutions until the
        manufacturer is open on Monday, but rest assured that I will make sure you
        have a working platemaker as quickly as possible. I too have never heard of
        this issue but would like to learn more. Let's talk off-list about solutions
        to your problem.

        Thanks,
        Harold

        --
        ---
        Boxcar Press

      • Eileen Madden
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2008
          Hello again list

          We are still having some trouble with our Platemaker, but I wanted to
          let everyone know that Harold Kyle has gone above and beyond to help
          us solve this problem. He really stayed on top of it, and has done a
          great deal to help us through this. He also stayed on top of the
          manufacturer, and we had a rep fly in today to work on the machine.
          He still couldn't find out what was wrong with it, but they've said if
          they can't make it right this week, we'll get a new machine from Jet.

          I mostly wanted to make clear that Harold and the people at Boxcar
          really stood behind the product they sold us, and have been very, very
          helpful.

          Eileen