FWD: RTF Stern

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18 11:53 AM
      INTRODUCING RTF Stern: A New Font in TrueType, PostScript OpenType &
      Hot Metal!

      Just announced at TypeCon in Buffalo, NY, Stern is a typographic
      first: it marks the first time a font is simultaneously released both
      digitally and in metal. Stern, named for the late printer Christopher
      Stern, is an upright Italic designed by Jim Rimmer intended for poetry
      settings and numerous other uses. The making of this typeface is also
      being made into a documentary shot in HD video. A trailer can be seen
      here:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph0ooDzD4ZQ

      DIGITAL
      The digital version of RTF Stern includes the OpenType Pro version
      plus four non-pro versions included for applications that do not
      support OpenType. The set features Stern Aldine, Regular, Tall Caps &
      Small Caps.
      http://p22.com/rtf/stern.html

      METAL
      The (16pt on 18pt body) metal version of Stern is shipped directly
      from Pie Tree foundry in Vancouver, BC. It is cast to order by Jim
      Rimmer using foundry metal.
      http://p22.com/rtf/sternmerch.html

      SPECIMEN BOOKLET
      A special limited edition specimen booklet was printed by Coach House
      Press in Toronto, ON. The duotone photos by Anna Prior are printed
      with silver highlights in the specimen portions that accent the feel
      of the type & tools used to make Stern. The booklet includes a
      bound-in letterpress specimen printed on Japanese rice paper and a
      single metal letter!
      http://p22.com/rtf/sternmerch.html

      FLASH
      In collaboration with Buffalo-based JRVisuals, who developed the "Type
      is Art" interactive web project, a special Stern project allows you to
      create images with the component parts of the Stern font.
      http://www.typeisart.com/p22

      P22 WEBSITE
      The release of Stern also marks the completion of the web re-design of
      all font divisions of P22. The Rimmer Type Foundry now features the
      same layout & navigation as the P22 type foundry, IHOF, Lanston &
      Sherwood collections. All fonts can be tested out with your own words
      using the Typecaster.
      http://www.p22.com/typecaster/master/caster.html

      P22 type Foundry
      Rimmer Type Foundry
      http://www.p22.com
    • Helen Ingham
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18 1:25 PM
        Thanks for that Gerald, Just watched the trailer and really enjoyed it
        and have ordered up specimen booklets for me and my students.
        Best,
        H.I.

        Helen Ingham
        Hi-Artz Press, PO Box 927, Luton, LU1 5ZF
        07980 464994
        www.hi-artz.co.uk
        hiartz@...