Re: Galley magnets...

  • parallel_imp
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 4, 2008
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, <jason@...> wrote:

      > Speaking of which, what's the proper name for the small copper
      guides on the gripper bar (I need some of those)?

      On a Vandercook? "Sheet guides"and they vary on different models.
      On the 325, SP-20, Universal: an LB-7.
      On No. 3 or No. 4: an MB-112.
      Other models, check parts list.
      --Eric Holub, SF
    • nagraph1
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 5, 2008
        We have several hundred of the LB-7 in stock, put the appropriate bend
        in it and it becomes the MB-112. LB-7 also used on SP-15.

        Fritz

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "parallel_imp" <Megalonyx@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, <jason@> wrote:
        >
        > > Speaking of which, what's the proper name for the small copper
        > guides on the gripper bar (I need some of those)?
        > >
        > On a Vandercook? "Sheet guides"and they vary on different models.
        > On the 325, SP-20, Universal: an LB-7.
        > On No. 3 or No. 4: an MB-112.
        > Other models, check parts list.
        > --Eric Holub, SF

      • nagraph1
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 5, 2008
          Lance is correct that we sell galley magnets. We assemble them here
          using Bunting magnets and custom made side steel pieces and they are
          very strong. I'm presently having more side pieces made and will be
          back in stock shortly. The magnet shown was made by Foster
          Manufacturing, and they are still in business, but absolutely refuse
          to make magnets or any of their former letterpress line that included
          galleys, galley cabinets and related.

          Fritz

        • jason@greenboathouse.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 5, 2008
            Thanks for responding Fritz. I've sent a couple of emails to you with a list of other items I'd like to order, but perhaps I have the wrong email address?

            Jason