Re: [PPLetterpress] Galley magnets...

  • jason@greenboathouse.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 4, 2008
      Thanks Paul & Lance,

      I've a few other things I need from NA as well, so this is convenient.

      Speaking of which, what's the proper name for the small copper guides on the gripper bar (I need some of those)?

      Jason

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2008
        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, <jason@...> wrote:

        > Speaking of which, what's the proper name for the small copper
        guides on the gripper bar (I need some of those)?

        On a Vandercook? "Sheet guides"and they vary on different models.
        On the 325, SP-20, Universal: an LB-7.
        On No. 3 or No. 4: an MB-112.
        Other models, check parts list.
        --Eric Holub, SF
      • nagraph1
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 5, 2008
          We have several hundred of the LB-7 in stock, put the appropriate bend
          in it and it becomes the MB-112. LB-7 also used on SP-15.

          Fritz

          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "parallel_imp" <Megalonyx@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, <jason@> wrote:
          >
          > > Speaking of which, what's the proper name for the small copper
          > guides on the gripper bar (I need some of those)?
          > >
          > On a Vandercook? "Sheet guides"and they vary on different models.
          > On the 325, SP-20, Universal: an LB-7.
          > On No. 3 or No. 4: an MB-112.
          > Other models, check parts list.
          > --Eric Holub, SF

        • nagraph1
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 5, 2008
            Lance is correct that we sell galley magnets. We assemble them here
            using Bunting magnets and custom made side steel pieces and they are
            very strong. I'm presently having more side pieces made and will be
            back in stock shortly. The magnet shown was made by Foster
            Manufacturing, and they are still in business, but absolutely refuse
            to make magnets or any of their former letterpress line that included
            galleys, galley cabinets and related.

            Fritz

          • jason@greenboathouse.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 5, 2008
              Thanks for responding Fritz. I've sent a couple of emails to you with a list of other items I'd like to order, but perhaps I have the wrong email address?

              Jason