Mass Aesthetics? (was Re: [PPLetterpress] Legal Protection of Fonts?)

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2002
      >From: Katie Harper
      >> Giving the public what it wants or thinks it
      >> wants has never led to improving the aesthetics
      >
      >But typographers are middlemen who are supposed to
      >facilitate the desires of both authors and readers.
      >We're much more craftsmen than artists, so personal
      >expression of aesthetics (do we agree that there is
      >no absolute Beauty?) needs to be secondary, no?

      The Royal We ???

      No. Hrant, think about who you're talking to here, speaking of readers.

      Letterpress book >artists< mean anything to ya?

      ;-)

      So much for having one canned philosophy for every occasion.

      End of thread, inappropriate to mash this into the ground in a group about PhotoPolymer LP techniques, eh? Or no, Gerry?

      P.

      =============================================================={==::>
      *Democracy * Freedom for A*L*L*! -------------- ----
      *------------------------------- -----------{==::>
      *V O T E * D E M O C R A T I C ------------- ----
      *----------------------------- ---------
      *USE YOUR VOICE!!! * * * * * * * ----------------- ----{==::>
      *--------------------------------- ----------
      * * * * * * * * * VOTE NOV 5th! ----------------- ----
      =============================================================={==::>

      Whatever happened to the War Against Injustice and Poverty!
      End Terrorism? End Poverty!
    • Silver MayKitten
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2002
        Did I change the subject enough?

        MayKitten

        > Whatever happened to the War Against Injustice and Poverty!
        > End Terrorism? End Poverty!

        =====
        Pagan, Pagan, what are you finding?

        From the book, Charge of the Goddess