Re: Kreen and film cleaner

  • Casey McGarr
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 12, 2008
      Eric,

      I'll check out this PEC-12 for the film, thanks for the tips.

      Casey

      > I use PEC-12 archival Photographuc Emulsion Cleaner for film,
      > available from photographic suppliers, and isopropyl alcohol for
      > cleaning the krene. The alcohol may also be used on the film. But
      > either will remove any but water-based opaques. I tried Pressine
      > aerosol film cleaner and it damaged the krene (made it pucker).
      > No brush here, I just try to do the cleaning without generating any
      > static to attract dust, hair, etc. And I look carefully for anything
      > in the image area when the vacuum drawdown is complete.
      > --Eric Holub, SF

    • Casey McGarr
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 12, 2008
        Gerald,

        I'll get some air, that seems to be the best option along with the alcohol for the Kreen.

        I'm happy to hear about the Kreen replacement timeframe. I may be in need to purchase
        some as I've noticed some week spots.

        Thanks again for the advice.

        Casey
        www.inkylipspress.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 12, 2008
          Fritz

          According to Boxcar's new website they change the Kreene every couple
          of days or so. I change it reluctantly whenever it starts to fail on
          me, every couple of months or so. You must be doing something right.