photopolymer suppliers

  • yehudamiklaf
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 11, 2008
      A friend and I are thinking of printing a book from photopolymer plates
      but the price here is prohibitive. Does anyone know how much it would
      cost to have 60 plates (approx 15 x 20 cm) made in the US?
      Recommendations of suppliers also welcome.

      Thanks.
      Yehuda Miklaf
      Jerusalem
      fritzmiklaf@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11, 2008
        Yehuda

        Several photopolymer plate processors for studio-letterpress folk, at
        least those with an active web presence, can be found on site here at

        Links > Materials, supplies, equipment > Photopolymer platemaking
        services

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "yehudamiklaf" <fritzmiklaf@...>
        wrote:

        > A friend and I are thinking of printing a book from photopolymer plates
        > but the price here is prohibitive. Does anyone know how much it would
        > cost to have 60 plates (approx 15 x 20 cm) made in the US?
        > Recommendations of suppliers also welcome.
        >
        > Thanks.
        > Yehuda Miklaf
        > Jerusalem
        > fritzmiklaf@...

      • John Risseeuw
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 12, 2008
          Gerald,
          I don't remember if the following is allowed on the list or not . . .

          Arizona State University School of Art would like to sell a Vandercook No.
          232P Power letterpress, Maximum sheet: 321⁄2" × 30" Maximum form: 311⁄2" ×
          28", Floor space: 3'9" × 10'6", Weight: 5000lb., 220V. It will need new
          rollers, but the old cores are with the press. This can be a great press for
          a commercial production shop doing work in some volume.

          If interested, please contact
          Professor John Risseeuw
          School of Art
          Arizona State University
          Tempe, AZ 85287-1505
          480-965-3713
          john.risseeuw@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 12, 2008
            Hi John

            No problem. You wouldn't happen to have a copy of the manual for this
            press would you? We are cleaning up a 232P at Art Center and sure
            could use one.

            Good luck in the selling.

            --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, John Risseeuw