Re: CO2 Lasers for Polymer Plates

  • Labpress
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2008
      Hi Glenwood,
      The wood shop is using a X-660 Laser Engraving and Cutting Systems from
      Universal Laser Systems in Scotsdale, AZ.
      It is a 60 watt laser cutter running on compressed air. The lab technician
      punches in the settings: how fast, how many times firing and how deep.
      As I say we are using this process, not for polymer plates but for linoleum
      cuts so the fine lines are quite remarkable for linocut and the smell of
      burnt wood in the print shop is unique.
      Linda

      --
      Linda Dare, Manager