OK, I went there all by myself (via your blog - thanks!)

  • jekenney1
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2008
      For those interested, I'm posting this information. I'm sorely tempted, as this area is quite
      interesting to me, and I'd be looking for a driving partner - or carpool - from the
      Pasadena side of town if I attend. Thanks!

      Jody

      Digital Letterpress

      Studio letterpress printing with photopolymer plates at the Otis Laboratory Press. This
      hands-on course covers all aspects of this revolutionary new process for the relief
      printing of digital imaging: from digital prepress and plate processing to letterpress
      printing.

      Includes demonstrations of digital imaging requirements and font-editing, processing
      with the platemaking machine, and presswork on the Vandercook flatbed cylinder press.
      Includes discussions of related investigative and exploratory printing and typographic
      techniques.

      Prerequisite: Previous experience with image-editing and page-layout software useful.
      Noprior letterpress experience required.

      First class materials: $20 lab fee payable to instructor; supply list of additional materials
      provided at first mtg.

      Course Details
      Course Code: XGRD5105
      Meetings: 10