Wells Book Arts Summer Institute 2008

  • bookartscenter
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2008
      Don't forget about the Book Arts courses at the Wells Summer Institute.

      We still have space in all our courses, but some are almost full, so
      sign up today for great classes with important book artists from
      across the US and Europe.

      Session One, 6-12 July
      Cheryl Jacobsen, The Elegance of Italics: An Introduction to Calligraphy
      Peter Bain, Stems and Beziers: An Introduction to Typeface Design
      Katherine McCanless Ruffin, Letterpress Printing A to Z
      Shanna Leino, Making Books: The Beginning!

      Session Two, 13-19 July
      Ewan Clayton, Calligraphy: The Dynamics of Movement
      Keiji Shinohara, East Meets West: Traditional Japanese Printmaking and
      Western Techniques
      Dolph Smith, Moving Parts: The Book as Kinetic Sculpture

      Session Three, 20-26 July
      Sara Soskolne, More than the Sum of its Part: Turning Letters into a
      Typeface
      Inge Bruggeman, Considering Text and Image
      Anna Embree, Boxed In, Creating Custom-built Enclosures

      Please consult our website for details on these classes, our
      facilities, fees and a registration form at www.wells.edu/bookarts,
      e-mail us at bookartscenter@..., or call us at 315-364-3420.