Call it Business or Pleasure workshop: a few spaces still left!

  • Claire Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2008
      We've still got a few spaces left in our upcoming workshop, Call it
      Business or Pleasure:

      DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST
      For more information: bookartsprogram@... or 801.585.9191

      Call it Business or Pleasure
      April 25th & 26th
      Friday & Saturday, 9:00-5:00

      Learn the basics of type and typesetting while simultaneously
      considering how to represent an individual in a business or calling
      card. Through exercises and critique, participants become familiar with
      considerations concerning type and layout, and how design choices affect
      communication of intent. Using handset metal type, letterpress-print a
      unique card that voices who, what, and how to contact with style and
      verve. Leave with 200 letterpress printed cards.

      Instructors: Carol Sogard and Marnie Powers-Torrey, Utah
      Place: Book Arts Program at the J. Willard Marriott Library, University
      of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT Workshop fee: $150 Materials fee: $25

      Claire Taylor
      Studio Assistant
      Book Arts Program and Red Butte Press
      J. Willard Marriott Library