Re: [PPLetterpress] Dave Churchman Recipe

  • Maggie Portis
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2008
      Lisa,
      Perhaps my answer will not be very helpful, but since he didn't give a
      formula, I just made it up.
      I've been putting the mixture and type into small tupperware containers
      because I can really only stand to do a little scrubbing at a time.
      Given the small container size, I just put in a good squirt of baby shampoo
      and fill it about an inch and a half or 2 inches with hot water. Then I add
      the borax a little at a time and swirl it around until it dissolves. After a
      certain point it won't dissolve any more and then the particles stick to the
      type, and that's incredibly annoying. I'm not measuring anything, but I
      would guess I put about a teaspoon to a tablespoon of borax depending on the
      size of my container. It seems to do the trick.
      Then I put in the type, pop the lid on and leave until I have time or the
      weather is nice enough to take the container up to my roof, briefly wipe it
      down and dip it in kerosene.

      This has been working really well for me. However, I'm pretty new at this,
      so if anyone has any pointers, etc., please do let me know.

      --Maggie