Re: CMYK

  • nagraph1
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2008
      Vandercooks were regularly used for color proofing, and the 2 and 4
      color models were made specifically for that, but each color had its
      own plate. Plates were typically in the 110-120 line for publication
      printing on coated stocks, but 133 line was not uncommon in
      letterpress. The Vandercook 30-26 was their last 4-color proof press
      and it was huge--16,000# and 26 feet long. There are still several of
      these around and one of the last active ones from the Washington Post
      newspaper is now in Iowa.

      Fritz

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Davidson
      <lisaxdavidson@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Duncan,
      >
      > Well, yes, if it's a proof press it ought to be able to proof --
      but
      > I didn't know how much into the color area it was designed to go.
      > know that proofing was done, but proofing of what, I don't know.
      All