Magnesium dies

  • Lisa Davidson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2008
      Hi, everybody,

      How do magnesium dies compare to photopolymer plates in terms of
      durability, accuracy, etc.?

      Thanks,

      Lisa
    • John G. Henry
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2008
        Lisa:

        I have never had any difficulties with Magnesium Dies other than in
        storage where exposure to humdity in the air will cause corrosion and
        pitting of the surface. This can be prevented by coating with grease or
        varnish, and storing in a plastic bag. If the plates and dies are
        purchased for one-time use, I would pick which ever was the most
        convenient to use and/or inexpensive to purchase.

        John Henry

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Davidson <lisaxdavidson@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi, everybody,
        >
        > How do magnesium dies compare to photopolymer plates in terms of
        > durability, accuracy, etc.?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Lisa

      • Lisa Davidson
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2008
          John, thank you! That is very good to know, didn't even think about it.

          Lisa

          On Mar 31, 2008, at 12:50 PM, John G. Henry wrote:

          > Lisa:
          >
          > I have never had any difficulties with Magnesium Dies other than in
          > storage where exposure to humdity in the air will cause corrosion and
          > pitting of the surface. This can be prevented by coating with
          > grease or
          > varnish, and storing in a plastic bag. If the plates and dies are
          > purchased for one-time use, I would pick which ever was the most
          > convenient to use and/or inexpensive to purchase.
          >
          > John Henry
          >
          > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Davidson
          > <lisaxdavidson@...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi, everybody,
          > >
          > > How do magnesium dies compare to photopolymer plates in terms of
          > > durability, accuracy, etc.?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Lisa

        • Norman Hicks
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 31, 2008
            Metal is better than plastic AND copper is better than magnesium.
            check out Metal Magic in Phoenix!

            Norman

            Hicks Brothers Printing Equipment
            582 6th Street