French/Spanish Characters

  • knharper@fuse.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2002
      To those who set type in metal (I do from time to time):

      I'm needing to order enough accented characters to do some typesetting in French
      and Spanish. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what are all the special
      characters I need to order?

      Thanks.

      Katie Harper
    • Fontdr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2002
        Try MacKenzie & Harris site on the internet. They have a large collection of
        Monotype Faces for casting.
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 16, 2002
          --- In PPLetterpress@y..., Fontdr@a... wrote:
          > Try MacKenzie & Harris site on the internet. They have a large collection of
          > Monotype Faces for casting.

          I think you might mean M & H Type (?) at

          http://www.m&htype@...

          Haven't heard the foundry referred to MacKenzie & Harris for many
          years. I thought when the foundry was purchased it was renamed and
          MacKenzie & Harris were separated from it and engaged in "non-metal"
          typesetting for a while? This would have been a bit before the "desktop
          publishing revolution" did away with the traditional typesetter.