Altering Fonts

  • Ky Wrzesinski
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2002
      I believe it still would be illegal to modify the font. When the font was
      purchased, you implicitly agree to the terms of the licensing agreement. By
      modifying the original font code, you're breaking your contract with the
      company you're buying it from. Has nothing to do with copyright law on
      font designs, but the contract you entered into when you bought the software
      product/license.

      However, if you printed the font, scanned back it in then modified it, you'd
      be perfectly okay.....

      -Ky

      Message: 4
      Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:18:25 EDT
      From: Fontdr@...
      Subject: Re: Altering fonts

      You are not in violation of any law if you don't sell your modifications
      under the original name.

      Bob Trogman
      Facsimile Fonts