Re: [PPLetterpress] Choosing a typeface

    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 5, 2008
      It ain't the camera, it's the eye behind it ;-)

      However, having said that, there's a BIG difference between setting
      digital type with a professional app like InDesign or Illustrator
      versus Publisher, et al.

      Fractional line and letterspacing for example, hanging punctuation,
      style sheet management, etc.

      All of these are useless unless one knows why they are there, of
      course, but even a great craftsman can be hobbled by lousy chisels.
      Er, how many metaphors have I mixed here anyway!?

      Peter Fraterdeus
      http://ExquisiteLetterpress.com
      http://dubuquebookarts.com

      On 5 Mar 2008, at 4:20 PM, Austin Jones wrote:

      > The software package is a tool. It is no better than the person
      > using it.
      >
      > I see this type of situation all the time. A person will buy the most
      > expensive printer, or software and expect it to be "plug & play".
      > Plug it in
      > and work miracles. These people call me all the time. I bought the
      > best I
      > could find. It doesn't do all these wornerful things. Why?.
      >
      > The problem is the nut at the keyboard not the printer or software.

    • filmaker0012001
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 12, 2008
        Thanks for all the suggestions, I plan to start looking at some
        speciman books.

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "filmaker0012001" <fsmith01@...>