Re: [PPLetterpress] Emerson Type

  • John Risseeuw
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
      It seems to me that Harold Berliner was casting Emerson in the 80s and we
      bought our Emerson from him. I've heard that he's casting again,
      occasionally, one face at a time. So you could contact Harold and ask if
      Emerson might be coming up.
      He's at 530-273-2278 and http://www.berlinerpress.com/index.html.

      John L. Risseeuw, Professor
      Director, Pyracantha Press
      School of Art
      Box 871505
      Arizona State University
      Tempe, Arizona 85287-1505
      480-965-3713 office; 480-965-8338 fax
    • Fritz Klinke
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2002
        Emerson is an English Monotype face and was not cut or cast by ATF. We do
        have the cast type that was left on the shelves at ATF at their demise in
        1993, plus additional fonts acquired from some of their former dealers, and
        some new ATF type being cast by Theo Rehak using all original ATF matrices
        and casting machines. I checked M&H's type catalog, and they do not list
        Emerson. Harold Berliner may have the mats, as well as some others, but it
        may be difficult to track down.

        Fritz Klinke, NA Graphics
        1314 Greene Street, P.O. Box 467
        Silverton, Colorado 81433 USA