Re: Inkjet/Letterpress Paper / illuminated alphabets

  • A D
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2008
      Hi Folks, I'm still very much a newbie so I typically
      just read and listen in here and otherwise I just shut
      up ;) but I have to add my 2 cents now because you
      might find this pointer interesting.

      There is a very cool traveling exhibit on illuminated
      alphabets that I want to point out. The show is called
      "Alphabet: An exhibition of hand drawn lettering and
      experimental typography" quite appropriately. Curated
      by Nolen Strals and Bruce Willen of Post Typography.
      The web site which is a bit confusing I found but
      should have the info you need is here:

      www.posttypography.com/alphabet

      The other thing I want to mention is that a friend of
      mine at Kenyon College recently finished her phd
      thesis on illuminated alphabets. She is now working on
      a book as far as I know which hopefully will be done
      in a year or so. So if somebody seriously is looking
      for a collaboration or connection in that space I can
      probably help there :)

      >For the alphabet goes, try the Google search term
      (under images)
      "illuminated alphabet." It's amazing what's out there,
      and you may
      find an artist you can work with.

      Be a better friend, newshound, and