Sign making

  • Elaine Luther
    Message 1 of 51 , Feb 15, 2008
      Hi guys,

      A few weeks ago I asked about sign making and everyone said, whoa,
      that's really competitive, you don't want to get into that.

      (sorry for the slow response, trouble sending from this address except
      for webmail.)

      So that's cool. I should have clarified I didn't mean custom work, I
      don't want to get into custom sign work.

      I'm thinking of a line of premade signs for a specific niche market.

      So how do I learn how to process the sign stuff on my plate maker?
      Does anyone have a brand of sign stuff to recommend?

      Thanks, Elaine
    • Dave Allen
      Message 51 of 51 , Mar 1 12:09 AM
        Hi Lisa,
        I don't happen to agree. I think he was a blow hard who happened to have
        influential friends that got his work preserved. His writings remind me
        very much of the mindless blogs that clutter the internet today.
        Usually they are written by people who, for some unknown reason, think
        their opinion is more valuable than anyone else's. He was the Britney
        Spears of his generation. Our opinion of his era has been shaped by his
        scatological ramblings and I, for one, think more of the general
        populace than that. Perhaps I am a romantic.
        Dave

        Lisa Davidson wrote:

        >> Dave,
        >>
        > I don't get the Pepys reference. Is he not a wonderful source, or do
        > you mean he's just not contemporary?
        > Sorry,
        > Lisa
        >

        >>> The thing to remember is that blogging has been going on for
        >>>
        >> centuries
        >>
        >>> but only those important enough to be re-read have been printed.
        >>>
        >> I am
        >>
        >>> referring, of course, to diarists, a wonderful source of
        >>>
        >> contemporary
        >>
        >>> material for historians, Samuel Pepys aside <grin>.
        >>> Dave

        840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
        (250)888-9380 http://www.Bookbinder.ca