Re: Follow Up on Formica Bearer Height

  • insektgod
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2008
      Looks tight to me. I've been doing the adjustments for photo-polymer
      on a Boxcar grid base... 1st on a Vandercook SP-15 then a Heidelberg
      windmill, and now finally I've gone on to the 10x15 C&P.

      Long sad story...
      The Vandercook needs new rollers due to shrinkage on the trailing form
      roller. (Ordered that today through NA Graphics.) Moved on to the
      Heidelberg 10x15, this inks beautifully after using the Vandercook
      type-high gauge... but has an issue with the gripper arms... put a bid
      on eBay... Move on to the Chandler & Price 10x15... now that is a real
      challenge seems like the trucks need over a 16th of an inch before
      we're even in the ball park for type height. I looked at the local
      hardware store and found some 1/16th by 1/2" aluminum flat stock that
      seemed friendly for holding a bend then spent some time bending and
      taping it to the rails. Now I've got my fingers crossed that I can
      print the stack of jobs I wasn't able to do today or yesterday. For
      this I quit my day job.

      The love of seeing a good print coming off a press is all it takes to
      make me believe all over again... but I hope it gets easier or at
      least better from here.

      Nice to know there's another option if the aluminum truck rails and
      tape don't work out. Anybody know if there's a thick Teflon tape made
      for some other purpose that can be appropriated?

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/interrobang918/2248623872/in/photostream/