Re: peculiar Interflex behavior

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2008
      Peter

      I have never heard of this phenomenon regarding the vacuum lines
      before and can't imagine what is causing it (what kind of plates are
      you using?) but in regard to the reverse-out (I'm assuming you mean a
      solid?), yes, generally you need less exposure. But not by much.
      Depends somewhat if there is something in that solid, type, fine
      detail, etc. If you mean something else by this term. . . . (?)

      > I last made a plate about a week or so ago. Everything was, well,
      perfect, as far as my expectations....

      > However, tonight, I'm working with negatives of very good quality,
      and the same batch of PP as last week, but I'm getting what appear to
      be exposure lines and washed out (exposed) areas which seem to follow
      along the vacuum channels.

      > I've just checked the vacuum, which seems to be fine, cleaned out a
      buildup of very fine lint from the vacuum 'exit' points (where the
      tubes come in from behind the frame) but still get the same problem

      > Another question: I'm trying to produce a 'reverse-out' plate in one
      case (not the same as the above), wondering if my intution is correct
      that I'd have to reduce the exposure time?