Infection??

  • Katie Harper
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12 5:48 AM
      Dear friend,

      Do you have a virus checker on your machine? If so, you should check it.
      Someone to whom I have recently sent email has a virus (or worm, perhaps the
      famous W.32.klez worm) that causes phony messages to be sent to random
      individuals with the people on your mailing list as sender.

      For more information about klez, see

      http://216.68.4.191/nooz/klez.html

      Katie Harper
      Ars Brevis Press
      Cincinnati, OH
      513-233-9588
      http://www.arsbrevispress.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12 6:08 AM
        Katie

        Did you send that???

        CAREFUL!

        DON'T GO TO THAT WEB SITE.

        It looks suspicious!! No Address??

        GO to www.symantec.com FIRST!!!

        PF

        At 8:48 AM -0400 2002-09-12, Katie Harper wrote:
        >Dear friend,
        >
        >Do you have a virus checker on your machine? If so, you should check it.
        >Someone to whom I have recently sent email has a virus (or worm, perhaps the
        >famous W.32.klez worm) that causes phony messages to be sent to random
        >individuals with the people on your mailing list as sender.
        >
        >For more information about klez, see
        >
        >http:// 216.68.4.191 /nooz/klez.html
        >

        >Katie Harper
        >Ars Brevis Press
        >Cincinnati, OH
        >513-233-9588
        >http://www.arsbrevispress.com
        >

        >ï To respond to a post or post a message to the membership:
        >PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
        >ï Encountering problems? contact:
        >PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
        >ï To unsubscribe:

        -
        AzByCx DwEvFu GtHsIr JqKpLo MnNmOl PkQjRi ShTgUf VeWdXc YbZa& @

        Peter Fraterdeus http://www.midsummernightstamps.com
        www.semiotx.com Magical Images from the Moon's Garden!

        In remembrance of all victims of violence in the last 1000 years...

        Be all you can be. Work for Peace.

        Whatever happened to the War Against Injustice and Poverty!
        End Terrorism? End Poverty!
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12 6:19 AM
          Updated with more real virus research sites:

          www.cert.org
          The CERT Coordination Center (CERT/CC) is a center of Internet security expertise, at the Software Engineering Institute, a federally funded research and development center operated by Carnegie Mellon University. We study Internet security...
        • Katie Harper
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 12 6:39 AM
            Yes, I sent the message below, and yes, the web site is real. It contains
            the actual numeric address for the Zoomtown site. And yes, there are plenty
            of other sites that have information. The important thing is to check your
            computer frequently. Another step is to stop using Microsoft email products,
            as those seem to be the most frequently targetting by work and virus
            designers.