Re: [PPLetterpress] Epson density

  • Scott Rubel
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007
      Lisa:

      Thanks. I got your sample, but haven't tried making a plate with it
      yet. Just from looking at it, i think it won't work for me, but I'll
      try it.

      Scott Rubel

      On Dec 1, 2007, at 11:01 PM, lisaxdavidson wrote:

      > Scott/Jacob/whoever else was thinking about this:
      >
      > I think I may have been wrong about the black photo-dye ink of the
      > Epson 7600 reaching 4.0
      > density. It does on the densitometer, but it doesn't act that way
      > when I'm exposing it to UV
      > light. I am slowly creeping up on the level that I need, which was
      > supposed to be around
      > 1.8, but I'm at 2.5 now and still not black enough. I don't know
      > what their ink is made of,
      > but it is definitely not silver, and is behaving a lot differently.
      >
      > Lisa

    • Lisa Davidson
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007
        Hi, Scott,

        Do you know what -- I was using very outdated chemistry, so maybe it
        will actually work. I ordered some more, and we'll see.

        Lisa

        On Dec 2, 2007, at 12:55 PM, Scott Rubel wrote:

        > Lisa:
        >
        > Thanks. I got your sample, but haven't tried making a plate with it
        > yet. Just from looking at it, i think it won't work for me, but I'll
        > try it.
        >
        > Scott Rubel
        >
        > On Dec 1, 2007, at 11:01 PM, lisaxdavidson wrote:
        >
        > > Scott/Jacob/whoever else was thinking about this:
        > >
        > > I think I may have been wrong about the black photo-dye ink of the
        > > Epson 7600 reaching 4.0
        > > density. It does on the densitometer, but it doesn't act that way
        > > when I'm exposing it to UV
        > > light. I am slowly creeping up on the level that I need, which was
        > > supposed to be around
        > > 1.8, but I'm at 2.5 now and still not black enough. I don't know
        > > what their ink is made of,
        > > but it is definitely not silver, and is behaving a lot differently.
        > >
        > > Lisa
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jacob Groth
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
          Hi Lisa,

          Still interested in your results. Please keep us informed ..

          Jacob