Epson density

  • lisaxdavidson
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
      Scott/Jacob/whoever else was thinking about this:

      I think I may have been wrong about the black photo-dye ink of the Epson 7600 reaching 4.0
      density. It does on the densitometer, but it doesn't act that way when I'm exposing it to UV
      light. I am slowly creeping up on the level that I need, which was supposed to be around
      1.8, but I'm at 2.5 now and still not black enough. I don't know what their ink is made of,
      but it is definitely not silver, and is behaving a lot differently.

      Lisa
    • Scott Rubel
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007
        Lisa:

        Thanks. I got your sample, but haven't tried making a plate with it
        yet. Just from looking at it, i think it won't work for me, but I'll
        try it.

        Scott Rubel

        On Dec 1, 2007, at 11:01 PM, lisaxdavidson wrote:

        > Scott/Jacob/whoever else was thinking about this:
        >
        > I think I may have been wrong about the black photo-dye ink of the
        > Epson 7600 reaching 4.0
        > density. It does on the densitometer, but it doesn't act that way
        > when I'm exposing it to UV
        > light. I am slowly creeping up on the level that I need, which was
        > supposed to be around
        > 1.8, but I'm at 2.5 now and still not black enough. I don't know
        > what their ink is made of,
        > but it is definitely not silver, and is behaving a lot differently.
        >
        > Lisa

      • Lisa Davidson
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007
          Hi, Scott,

          Do you know what -- I was using very outdated chemistry, so maybe it
          will actually work. I ordered some more, and we'll see.

          Lisa

          On Dec 2, 2007, at 12:55 PM, Scott Rubel wrote:

          > Lisa:
          >
          > Thanks. I got your sample, but haven't tried making a plate with it
          > yet. Just from looking at it, i think it won't work for me, but I'll
          > try it.
          >
          > Scott Rubel
          >
          > On Dec 1, 2007, at 11:01 PM, lisaxdavidson wrote:
          >
          > > Scott/Jacob/whoever else was thinking about this:
          > >
          > > I think I may have been wrong about the black photo-dye ink of the
          > > Epson 7600 reaching 4.0
          > > density. It does on the densitometer, but it doesn't act that way
          > > when I'm exposing it to UV
          > > light. I am slowly creeping up on the level that I need, which was
          > > supposed to be around
          > > 1.8, but I'm at 2.5 now and still not black enough. I don't know
          > > what their ink is made of,
          > > but it is definitely not silver, and is behaving a lot differently.
          > >
          > > Lisa
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Jacob Groth
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
            Hi Lisa,

            Still interested in your results. Please keep us informed ..

            Jacob