Re: [PPLetterpress] ADANA HS No.2 Query

  • typetom@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2007
      In a message dated 11/15/2007, slubell@... writes:

      I have a an Adana HS No. 2 and have a rather basic query. How does one
      keep the rollers from falling out of the holders? Is there a piece I
      am missing or perhaps some makeshift device is required like an
      elastic band around the metal roller?

      Hi,
      I imagine you are missing the trucks, which are small wheels that fit on the
      roller shafts to hold the rollers at the correct height for inking. They
      ride on the tracks at the sides of the bed. Without them the rollers would
      likely fall out of the roller hooks; with them there is a good fit between the
      hook, roller shaft, truck, and track, so the spring holds it all together with
      the roller at the right height.

      Similar set-up on most platen presses, probably photos of Adanas, Kelsey
      presses, and others, on line. Try the museum of presses on _www.briarpress.org_
      (http://www.briarpress.org)

      I do have some other materials on Adana if you can't find what you need
      elsewhere, but no time to locate them now! Good luck.
      Tom

      Tom Parson
      Now It's Up To You Publications
      157 S. Logan, Denver CO 80209