Re: Boxcar Press Deep Relief Base - grid measurements/layout

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2007
      I'd recommend that you contact Boxcar for the information.

      Gerald

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Wharehau Townsend <wharehau@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm in the process of purchasing a Deep Relief Base from Boxcar
      Press for my Adana 8x5 (I understand I will need a deep relief base of
      3.5 x 6.5, leaving enough room for quoins and furniture). Could
      anyone tell me what the grid measurements of the base is or even
      better, does anyone have a photo or diagram? I would like to 'mock'
      one up in Illustrator first to see how my images and text etc will
      look on the base.

      > Thanks in advance

    • Harold Kyle
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2007
        Grids on Boxcar Bases are 1/4 inch with slightly thicker lines every
        inch. You can create a corresponding grid on screen in Illustrator by
        selecting Illustrator>Preferences>Guides & Grids.... Set lines every "1
        in" with "4" subdivisions. You can then see this on your document by
        selecting View>Show Grid.... If you want elements to align with the
        grid, select View>Snap to Grid. The gridlines won't print and will only
        be visible on screen for alignment purposes.

        I hope this helps,
        Harold

        Boxcar Press: Letterpress for the 21st Century
        501 West Fayette Street, Studio 222
        Syracuse, New York 13204
        (315) 473-0930 phone
        (315) 473-0967 fax