Boxcar Press Deep Relief Base - grid measurements/layout

  • Wharehau Townsend
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2007
      I'm in the process of purchasing a Deep Relief Base from Boxcar Press for my Adana 8x5 (I understand I will need a deep relief base of 3.5 x 6.5, leaving enough room for quoins and furniture). Could anyone tell me what the grid measurements of the base is or even better, does anyone have a photo or diagram? I would like to 'mock' one up in Illustrator first to see how my images and text etc will look on the base.

      Thanks in advance

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2007
        I'd recommend that you contact Boxcar for the information.

        Gerald

        --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Wharehau Townsend <wharehau@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm in the process of purchasing a Deep Relief Base from Boxcar
        Press for my Adana 8x5 (I understand I will need a deep relief base of
        3.5 x 6.5, leaving enough room for quoins and furniture). Could
        anyone tell me what the grid measurements of the base is or even
        better, does anyone have a photo or diagram? I would like to 'mock'
        one up in Illustrator first to see how my images and text etc will
        look on the base.

        > Thanks in advance

      • Harold Kyle
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2007
          Grids on Boxcar Bases are 1/4 inch with slightly thicker lines every
          inch. You can create a corresponding grid on screen in Illustrator by
          selecting Illustrator>Preferences>Guides & Grids.... Set lines every "1
          in" with "4" subdivisions. You can then see this on your document by
          selecting View>Show Grid.... If you want elements to align with the
          grid, select View>Snap to Grid. The gridlines won't print and will only
          be visible on screen for alignment purposes.

          I hope this helps,
          Harold

          Boxcar Press: Letterpress for the 21st Century
          501 West Fayette Street, Studio 222
          Syracuse, New York 13204
          (315) 473-0930 phone
          (315) 473-0967 fax