Re: [PPLetterpress] Purchasing Used Type

  • Dave Allen
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
      Hi Matt,
      There's a great dealer in San Fransisco who sells on ebay. look for homelea.

      Matt Lenza wrote:
      > Greetings all!
      >
      > I apologize in advance for being somewhat of a "beginner" with respect
      > to this craft. I've had great success on my C & P Pilot using a
      > photopolymer plate with the Boxcar press base.
      >
      > I have decided though that I would like to expand into using some
      > moveable type and I have no idea where to even begin to look. I
      > basically just need some simple fonts (Garamond, Caslon, Schoolbook)in
      > 14-24 font but I can only imagine that purchasing each set new would
      > likely get expensive.
      >
      > So I call on you- the experts in this wonderful craft to maybe point me
      > in the right direction in finding some dealers of used type.
      >
      > Thank you all in advance for your help and I look forward to reading
      > all of the amazing posts on here in the future!

      840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
      (250)888-9380 http://www.Bookbinder.ca
    • autumnmichellefoote
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
        Hi there-
        I just purchased my first press and it happens to be an old style C&P 8x12 and I would love to
        have a treadle for it. How much does it weigh and any thoughts on the shipping costs?