Re: [PPLetterpress] treadle for Old Style C&P, 8 x 12

  • Ray Nichols
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007
      What size C&P?

      . . .

      Ray Nichols
      Wallflowers Press

      . . .

      http://wallflowerspress.com

      On Nov 6, 2007, at 5:55 PM, Jessica Spring wrote:

      > Please excuse cross posting...
      >
      > Anyone in the market for a C&P treadle? I mistakenly ordered an old
      > style
      > model instead of new style treadle from Hern Foundry, so this is
      > unused. It
      > includes a hook for $135 plus shipping.
      > --Jessica
      >

      > Jessica Spring
      > SPRINGTIDE PRESS
      > http://www.springtidepress.com
      > 253.627.8629

    • Dave Allen
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
        Hi Matt,
        There's a great dealer in San Fransisco who sells on ebay. look for homelea.

        Matt Lenza wrote:
        > Greetings all!
        >
        > I apologize in advance for being somewhat of a "beginner" with respect
        > to this craft. I've had great success on my C & P Pilot using a
        > photopolymer plate with the Boxcar press base.
        >
        > I have decided though that I would like to expand into using some
        > moveable type and I have no idea where to even begin to look. I
        > basically just need some simple fonts (Garamond, Caslon, Schoolbook)in
        > 14-24 font but I can only imagine that purchasing each set new would
        > likely get expensive.
        >
        > So I call on you- the experts in this wonderful craft to maybe point me
        > in the right direction in finding some dealers of used type.
        >
        > Thank you all in advance for your help and I look forward to reading
        > all of the amazing posts on here in the future!

        840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
        (250)888-9380 http://www.Bookbinder.ca
      • autumnmichellefoote
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
          Hi there-
          I just purchased my first press and it happens to be an old style C&P 8x12 and I would love to
          have a treadle for it. How much does it weigh and any thoughts on the shipping costs?