treadle for Old Style C&P, 8 x 12

  • Jessica Spring
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007
      Please excuse cross posting...

      Anyone in the market for a C&P treadle? I mistakenly ordered an old style
      model instead of new style treadle from Hern Foundry, so this is unused. It
      includes a hook for $135 plus shipping.
      --Jessica

      Jessica Spring
      SPRINGTIDE PRESS
      http://www.springtidepress.com
      253.627.8629

    • Ray Nichols
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007
        What size C&P?

        . . .

        Ray Nichols
        Wallflowers Press

        . . .

        http://wallflowerspress.com

        On Nov 6, 2007, at 5:55 PM, Jessica Spring wrote:

        > Please excuse cross posting...
        >
        > Anyone in the market for a C&P treadle? I mistakenly ordered an old
        > style
        > model instead of new style treadle from Hern Foundry, so this is
        > unused. It
        > includes a hook for $135 plus shipping.
        > --Jessica
        >

        > Jessica Spring
        > SPRINGTIDE PRESS
        > http://www.springtidepress.com
        > 253.627.8629

      • Dave Allen
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
          Hi Matt,
          There's a great dealer in San Fransisco who sells on ebay. look for homelea.

          Matt Lenza wrote:
          > Greetings all!
          >
          > I apologize in advance for being somewhat of a "beginner" with respect
          > to this craft. I've had great success on my C & P Pilot using a
          > photopolymer plate with the Boxcar press base.
          >
          > I have decided though that I would like to expand into using some
          > moveable type and I have no idea where to even begin to look. I
          > basically just need some simple fonts (Garamond, Caslon, Schoolbook)in
          > 14-24 font but I can only imagine that purchasing each set new would
          > likely get expensive.
          >
          > So I call on you- the experts in this wonderful craft to maybe point me
          > in the right direction in finding some dealers of used type.
          >
          > Thank you all in advance for your help and I look forward to reading
          > all of the amazing posts on here in the future!

          840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
          (250)888-9380 http://www.Bookbinder.ca
        • autumnmichellefoote
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
            Hi there-
            I just purchased my first press and it happens to be an old style C&P 8x12 and I would love to
            have a treadle for it. How much does it weigh and any thoughts on the shipping costs?