stiff bodied

  • flywheel@premier1.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2001
      For those of you who curse that loose ink, I've recently found a product
      that has put the stiff back into the ink. It's called Letterpress Conversion
      Compound and it's basically opaque white and binding compound...but
      incredibly heavy and stiff. Imagine opaque white reduced by 75% and you'll
      get an idea of what this stuff is like. I can't say enough good stuff about
      it. We use it with Van Son oil base ink, but any oil base ink should work.

      Having battled loose ink for years, I'm in heaven. This stuff can be ordered
      by calling Chuck Maben in Seattle at Ink Systems, Inc. His cell phone # is
      206.941.2284. At $4.00 per pound, you cannot afford to at least try this
      product. Actually, buy a five pound can and share it with your friends. I
      could go on and on about this stuff, but I've already gone on way too much
      on the Letpress List. If you want more info, check out their archive.

      Chris Stern
      Stern & Faye, Printers
      dba Grey Spider Press
      Sedro-Woolley, WA