Upcoming classes - Evanston, Illinois

  • Eileen Madden
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2007
      We've just recently opened the Evanston Print & Paper Shop, a new
      home for bookbinders and letterpress printers. The descriptions of
      our first classes are detailed below. We are located at 1125 Florence
      in Evanston, Illinois.

      You can learn more about us at:

      http://www.evanstonprintandpaper.com/

      Thanks!

      Our Workshops

      Pop-Up Books with Shawn Sheehy
      Saturday, November 3rd & Sunday, November 4th
      10:00 am - 4:00 pm

      $210 (includes materials fee)
      In this two-day intensive workshop, Shawn will introduce participants
      to the marvels of pop-up engineering. Students will begin with the
      basic tools of pop-up construction, including a look at the work of
      several commercial pop-up engineers, and explore a variety of pop-up
      techniques. Each student will create a set of working models of
      various lifts and forms and will go home with a bound collection of
      these examples.

      For more information or to sign-up for this workshop, please conatct
      us at (847) 475-7674 or emadden1@... .

      Holiday Cheer-Letterpress Your Own Holiday Cards
      Saturday, November 17th
      6:00 pm - 9:00 pm

      $80 (includes materials fee & wine and cheese)
      Come letterpress your own holiday greeting cards and thank you notes
      while enjoying good company, wine and cheese. Each participant will
      take home a set of cards and notes to help celebrate the holiday
      season. No prior letterpress experience is needed. For an additional
      $20 participants may add a customized greeting or signature to their
      cards.