Speaking of proof presses....

  • bellky6030
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2007
      Al this talk of proof presses has me wondering-has anyone done die
      cutting on a cylinder proof press? My wife's business involves making
      paper and die cutting it into a variety of shapes. She is currently
      using a hobby/school grade machine which is, to my printer's eye,
      basically a light-weight proof press. The volume of work she does is
      taking its toll; we've made several repairs but it will soon be
      replacement time.

      Any opinions on using a proof press? There's no inking so that isn't a
      problem, and there's no registration to worry about either.

      I'd appreciate any thoughts on this, as well as any contact info for
      proof presses that might be available for sale.

      Thanks,
      Dave