Re: Plastic plates' relief depth

  • Hrant H Papazian
    Message 1 of 27 , Aug 27, 2002
      From: Gerald Lange
      > I assume they are talking at the micro-level

      Well, if that means text (like at 10-11 point),
      it could make sense. If we assume that a "normal"
      text font has a stem width of within a narrow range,
      then a percentage is almost as good as a metric.

      And if you're working in Fontographer to compensate for
      gain (which I understand you yourself do), then it's much
      easier to just make things 5% thinner than try to calculate
      how many em units let's say 1/1000 of an inch is (for your
      intended point size).

      hhp