[BGSpam][PPLetterpress] Re: buying old type - lead oxide issues

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
      Mike

      I thought John had responded well. The reference I have (and cited)
      indicates that litharge (mentioned by you) is a lead monooxide. My
      reference also sites the Greek psimithium as white lead. There are
      various types of white lead and various types of manufacture; the
      colors are created as a result of different types of processing, but
      it is all still categorized as white lead. Yes, there were all kinds
      of additives for various kinds of applications. My reference has
      chemical formulas for lead acetate, lead carbonate, lead dioxide, lead
      nitrate, lead oxide (and red oxide of lead), lead sulphate. . .

      -- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "mike.jacobs" <mike918print@...>
      wrote:

      > Joseph Mattiello was obviously not a chemist since psimithium was
      lead acetate adulterated with lead carbonate.