Re: About Kissing...

  • parallel_imp
    Message 1 of 92 , Oct 1, 2007

      > Photopolymer might have great printing qualities but it cannot produce
      > work on a par with the type of plate work that was produced during
      > that previous era. Much of which required specialized manipulative
      > techniques and hand work.

      A perfect example is the vignette halftone. It needed airbrushing of
      the original art (actually, airbrush retouching was done on many
      different kinds of halftones, just look at the halftones in a
      Heidelberg manual), tooling the edge dots to a smaller size, and also
      tapering off their height. Intensive and very skilled handwork was
      needed, yet it was once a common effect. Maybe with nanotechnology
      you'll be able to do it in photopolymer, but in general, for now, the
      material doesn't react well to the graver.
      --Eric Holub, SF
    • Lisa Davidson
      Message 92 of 92 , Oct 3, 2007
        I'm sorry, but what is the difference between trimming and cutting?