Re: About Kissing...

    Message 1 of 92 , Oct 1, 2007
      Photopolymer might have great printing qualities but it cannot produce
      work on a par with the type of plate work that was produced during
      that previous era. Much of which required specialized manipulative
      techniques and hand work. The problem with photopolymer is two-fold.
      There is no way to alter the sub- or surface structure other than
      through minor adjustments in processing times, and pre-press work in
      photo-editing programs cannot manipulate or adjust the imaging
      significantly or adequately for the requirements of that type of plate
      work. The manner in which the photopolymer plate relief structure is
      formed, which is quite unlike that of photomechanical plates, and
      certainly unlike that of metal type, can also contribute to problems
      during extended presswork, specifically "bridging" between surface
      elements. Photopolymer might deceptively seem to be the easy button
      but even in the most "careful" and controlled of printing situations,
      it still has inherent limitations.

      And as we all know, photopolymer is
      > the answer for the perfect plate material, so any of the wildly
      > complex plates used in the IP could certainly be duplicated in
      > polymer...
      >
      > Fritz
      >
      > -
    • Lisa Davidson
      Message 92 of 92 , Oct 3, 2007
        I'm sorry, but what is the difference between trimming and cutting?